Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Some Perspective

I think some people would think it's crazy to sign up for the heartbreak of adopting an orphan. I ask: Isn't it more heartbreaking that someone wouldn't? If I didn't cry mother's tears for a tiny stranger and plead for their life like a mother does, who would? If ya wanna talk crazy... a child without a mother... THAT'S crazy! - Borrowed from another adoptive mom

I've been asked about how hard the adoption process is, especially after not passing court again this time. It's hard to put into words the drive that you have to keep going even though your heart does get broken each time a disappointment comes. I think the statement above pretty much sums it up.

I believe there is a spiritual battle going on in the world of adoption. It is a precious gift that has been ordained and exampled by God and Satan is trying to steal, kill and destroy. We are praying that the chains be loosed and that our child, as well as the others who are waiting for their forever families, be set free. March 12th is our next court date. Pray with us that the bonds to orphanhood will be broken and God's glory will shine!

2 comments:

JBo said...

Thank you for this blog. I will pray just that. :-) Love you two!

Ben and Linda said...

We love you too Jennifer! Thanks for reading along and for your prayers!!