Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Change of Plans

Turns out we will not be leaving this weekend after all. Our fingerprints have not been uploaded into the national database yet and we aren't able to leave until they are. Our flight would have left today. We are disappointed that we don't get to go now but are looking forward to two weeks from now. Our next opportunity to go is Mother's Day weekend! I'm so excited about getting to meet and hold my son for the first time on that special holiday. What an amazing first Mother's Day it will be!

We just need to continue to pray that our issue with our fingerprints gets taken care of before then so we don't have to push out trip back again. Please pray with us!!!!

Now that we do have a little more time to prepare and pack, instead of rushing like mad trying to get everything done, I do feel a bit more at ease. Now hopefully I won't forget to pack anything important!

2 comments:

Saria R. said...

We had the same thing happen to us exactly one year ago :) And we ended up meeting our daugter on mother's day (we used Holt).

Take the next two weeks to relax and take your time packing. When we had 2 extra weeks I wished that my husband and I would have taken advantage of the extra time without a baby. Go on dates and get together with people you might not see once your life is consumed by an adorable baby :)

Ben and Linda said...

That's crazy that the same thing happend to you too! Great advice though, we'll have to be sure and do that because I'm sure things will be crazy once we get home.
Thanks!