Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I can't believe it, we have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got the last Wednesday, the last day of September! This is significant to us because it shows God's faithfulness. It's been a crazy week so I am just now getting to post about our referral. Thank you Lord for answered prayer and this amazing blessing!!!!

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory. Eph. 3:20-21

So here's how it happened. Let me start by saying that at the beginning of this adoption process God put the month of September on my heart so I started praying about it and really felt that it would be the month we got the call about our baby. My mother-in-law had the same feeling.

By mid September we hadn't heard anything and there hadn't been a whole lot of referrals going out to families in our agency and we started to get discouraged. We were asking people to pray that we would have patience during this time. Then the last week of the month came and that Monday I was pouring out my heart to God, telling Him how much I needed something to encourage me, to keep me going through the wait. That evening we found out we were #1 on the baby boy waiting list! How great is His faithfulness, He always gives just what we need, just when we need it.

For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9

The next day we were filled with excitement, thinking well, it's the last week of September, could it really be this week? Could we really get to see our baby?? Could it really be that fast, from being #1 on the list to getting the call, just a couple of days? Wednesday came with the realization that it was in fact the last day of the month. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much but I believed there was a reason God put September on my heart in the beginning, so that morning during my quite time I prayed about it, giving it to God.

After my quite time I started getting to work on organizing our closets. I've been "nesting" lately and I had pulled everything out of the closets trying to organize them and make more room for our stuff and the babies stuff. Anyway, I heard my phone ringing at 11:30 and I thought it was probably Ben since it was about time for him to be going to lunch. Well, I saw the number and froze, it wasn't Ben, it was our agency! I answered and our family coordinator was on the other end with a smile in her voice! I thought, NO WAY, is this really it?! I had put the thought of it out of my mind after that morning, so seeing the number, I was in shock.

I felt like I was moving in slow motion. She said she had good news and that this was our referral call! I instantly started crying and jumping up and down. I think I even asked her, "Are you serious?". She laughed and said, "Yes!". So she tried to conference Ben in so he could hear everything first hand but he wasn't answering. She tried his work phone and his cell phone. I didn't want him to miss it so I said, "Let me try to get a hold of him and we'll call you back". I called his cell and work phone again, no answer. I texted him, emailed and IM'ed him, still nothing. I kept pacing back and forth and even thought about driving up to his office.

Thankfully he called back shortly after and we excitedly called her back. She told us we had a beautiful baby boy and a little about his history. She sent an email with pictures and more information. Ben was able to leave work early so we could open the email and see our son for the first time together. I was so thankful because I didn't think I could stand waiting 4 hours for him to get home to open that email!! We laughed and cried as we read through all of the info and stared at his pictures. What a precious little baby, he's so beautiful!

We called our family and friends to share the news and were just so unbelievably overjoyed and thankful. I'm still just in awe of the fact that God chose us for this amazing journey and that He chose this specific little boy for us and us for him. It's such a humbling reality. What a sense of humor He has too, waiting until THE last day of September to reveal His plan and blessing to us. Just when we needed it of course. :-)

4 comments:

Nuge and CJ said...

As I was reading this, I started reading faster in the exciting parts, and slower in the parts that were kinda "sad". Funny how you read based on your emotions huh?

We are so excited for yall!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm a grandma!!! Thank you Linda and Benjie for sharing your journey with us through this web page. Sharing your hopes and dreams. And YES Our LORD is so GOOD. To HIM be ALL the GLORY.

Love you
Mom

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

How exciting!! Congrats and may the next few weeks (?) go fast until you are holding your baby boy!

Crazy Roots in Africa said...

I am so thrilled and excited for you!!!! I stopped by a wonderful Ethiopian resteraunt here in the metroplex and they were kind enough to tell me how to pronounce my kids' names and tell me what they mean. It was neat, we'll have to go sometime! Can't wait to see that precious baby! Congratulations!
Gina Root AWAA YG