Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Curtain Project



One of my goals for this year has been to learn to sew and be able to make things for the house. So Ben bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and I finally (let's just say it's been a while since my birthday) put it to use. A friend of mine came over and helped me make curtains for my bedroom and it was really fun. It felt really good to accomplish something like that. Seeing them hanging there, knowing that they are special because they were handmade and no one else has any just like them is pretty cool. :-)

It was quite the experience learning how to use my machine. We had our share of difficulties. I think it took us something like 2-3 hours just to make the first panel. The bobbin kept jamming and we'd have to re-thread the machine over and over and just when we thought we had it all fixed, it'd do it again. I guess it's just part of the learning process. After that though, it went much faster. Caren was very patient and I know I couldn't have done it without her.

I have leftover material so I think I'll try and make some pillows that match to put on the bed!


















Now on to curtains for another room!

1 comment:

Nuge and CJ said...

The curtains look really great in your room! Good job Linda!!!