Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Time To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's here. It's really truly here. It's time to go get our precious little boy. It's been a long journey but it's been an amazing time of growing in our faith and trust in Christ and being able to see His plan come together for our family. We have learned a lot during this time of waiting; a lot about the character of God and a lot about ourselves. We know that He has ordained adoption and His timing is absolutely perfect.

I think about meeting our son and I'm filled with so many different thoughts and emotions. Will he be scared of me or will he smile at me. Will he struggle terribly with leaving his nannies and friends. Will I be able to be there for him in the way that he needs me. I want to teach him to be proud of where he's from and who he is and support him when he grieves and mourns. I think about this sweet child who has already suffered so much loss in such a short time and my heart breaks for him. I'm excited to see his personality, see what interests he has, watch him grow and see the man he becomes. God definitely has a plan for him and I can't wait to see what that is! My heart swells and overflows with love for this boy I've never met and oh how I want him to know that love.

We have been so blessed by everyone's love, prayers and support throughout this journey and are so thankful for all of the wonderful people God has brought into our lives to minister to us in many different ways through this adoption. We love and appreciate all of you. I can't believe that in 6 days we'll get to see Bereket face to face and hold him in our arms!!!!!!

We are so excited to bring baby Bear home and for him to get to experience all of the love that we know you are going to lavish upon him. He has no idea what he’s in for but we’ll start to break him in while we’re there!

We leave at 11:45am in the morning and will arrive in Addis Ababa at 7:00pm Thursday. Our return flight leaves Addis Friday night,5/14, and we arrive back home Saturday 5/15, at 4:30 (Delta Flight # 2111).

2 comments:

Elissa said...

WONDERFUL!!! I'm SO excited for you guys! Don't worry, you'll both be AMAZING parents! Go get that boy!

Unknown said...

I am over joyed for you guys and for Bear!! I cannot wait to see pictures. I love you guys.