Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Prayer Request

To those of you out there who read this, please pray for us this week. We are having issues with the immigration office as far as getting an appointment to get our fingerprints done as well as getting our money back that we overpaid by mistake. This adoption process is very expensive and the $80 we overpaid will help towards more upcoming expenses...if we can get it back. We sent in our application and fee to them in August and what seems to be the common practice is that you get your fingerprint appointment within a month of sending in the app. We'll it's been almost three months and we haven't heard anything. I tried to contact them last month, the only way to reach them is by mailing a letter, but have not heard anything back from that letter either. Our social worker is trying to help us find some phone number that we can call but I'm getting worried. We are almost done with our home study...our social worker is putting the finishing touches on it... and then all we have left is to get background checks done, write a cover letter and get our fingerprints and a form back from immigration. Then we can send our dossier to our agency to be certified and authenticated and then sent to Ethiopia. I'm so ready for this baby and I'm feeling nervous that things are going to be held up a lot longer than expected. I know God's in control, I just feel a bit helpless right now, not knowing what to do to find out what's going on with our application. Please pray that I can quiet my own mind and hear my Heavenly Father's voice right now and allow Him guide me.

I call on the Lord in my distress, and He answers me.
Psalm 120:1


Love, L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, you and Ben and Baby Trevino are in my prayers. I am thinking about you guys and praying for you often. We will cry out to out Lord together! He is faithful! I love you, Jamie