Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Fun...


Every year at Halloween our church has a festival for the neighborhood kids so they have a safe place to go and play and get candy. Our Life Group runs a booth each year and this year we had the Velcro Wall. It was so much fun watching all of the little kids and big kids (I mean the adults!) get into these scratchy velcro suites and throw themselves against a wall to try and stick!! I laughed pretty much the entire time. I've attached some pictures of Ben trying it out.

We also had to make a sign for the booth so Ben and I volunteered to do that because we thought it would be fun. What we didn't know is that is would be so emotional! We decided to have little people stuck to the letters on the sign to make it look like they were actually on the velcro wall. I found this really cool kit at the store that had little bodies, different colored shirts, pants, shoes and hair pieces. We had fun putting together these little people and decided to make one that looked like each of us. We realized we needed more than just two people on the sign so we decided we'd make another one that would look like our little boy...this is were it got emotional.

We picked out the hair piece and clothes and Ben went to work gluing it all together. Now at first I thought the smell of the glue was getting to him and that's why his eyes were tearing up but then I realized it was because he was thinking about our baby!! We placed all three figures - the two of us and the baby - side by side so that it looked like they were holding hands...and I know this probably sounds silly but we both started tearing up! Seeing the image of the three of us, even though they were foam cut outs, it was just really neat. They say that having kids makes you more emotional but we don't even have our little one yet! It really was the sweetest thing though. It makes me so excited to know that my wonderful husband is ready for this baby as much as I am. :-)



No comments: