Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yes, Lord

I've always been amazed to see the direction God has had for my life over the years. Most of the time it has been a path I never expected, so when God put adoption on my heart 3 years ago, needless to say I was once again amazed and in awe of the idea that God would choose us to start our family in that way. I talked to my husband and he was not really ready to go down that path yet so I let it go and gave it to God. If it really was what He wanted for us, then He would make it happen when the time was right. Well, that time has come! Ben came home from rehearsal at church one evening about six months ago and told me about a conversation he'd had with someone about adoption and that he felt sure that God was speaking to him through that conversation that this was what He wanted us to do. I immediately got chills and knew the Lord was calling us to move forward.
So we started looking at adoption agencies, went to some meetings and prayed like crazy about which was the right one and what kind of adoption He wanted us to pursue. When we felt God calling us to Ethiopia we were so surprised but also very excited. How awesome it is to think that our child will be born in another country on the other side of the world and miraculously God will bring us together to become a family! It's beyond my wildest dreams and I feel so blessed.
We've begun the process of collecting all of the documents for our dossier and as they say in the world of adoption, we are "paper pregnant"! Please keep us in your prayers as we say "Yes, Lord" and begin this incredible journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm overwhelmed with excitement!! You are both going to such awsome parents. I'm looking forward to many years of raising our children together!! Love you both, Heather O'Bannon

Unknown said...

I wish I could put into words what my heart feels. If there could be a mom so proud of her children it would be me. You both inspire me. I know that you will be awesome parents. I praise GOD for you.
I love you,
Mom
P.S. soon to be Abuelita