Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

5 Month Update

This past month has pretty much flown by! What's been going on? Well, lots!
I felt confirmation from the Lord that it was time for me to move on and start preparing for our new season of life so I talked to my boss and put in my resignation at work. He was very understnading and very excited for us. Last Friday was my last day! I am now officially a house wife and I'm so excited. I've got lots to do to prepare for the baby coming and I'm going to continue to work on building my cake business so I'll still be pretty busy. Speaking of cakes, here is a pic of a recent cake I've done.








The people in my department at work threw me a baby shower before I left which as really sweet. We receved lots of great things for the baby; it was really fun. That night after Ben got home we laid everything out to look at it and re-read all the cards, it was a really special time. It made us even more excited and ready for our baby to come!
We don't have any news yet but we've been watching referrals come in for other families which bumps us up on the waiting list. Right now, unofficially, we are number 12! We're praying that we'll be able to bring our little one home by Christmas. We should be having another conference call with our agency soon so hopefully we'll get some more updates then.

We met some new friends this month which has been really fun. I realize God's brought them into our lives for a purpose and at the right time and I'm really looking forward to being able to spend some time with the girls and get to know them better now that I'm off.

Ben's really enjoying his new job and is doing well there. He's been mountain biking a lot and he's gotten quite a few guys going with him so he's having such a blast with that.

We're gearing up to start back up with our Life Group in the fall and we're praying it will be a great time of growth, study, fellowship and living life together. We've been meeting kind of sporadically over the summer to give everyone time for family vacations and things like that so it will be good to get back to seeing everyone every week again.

That's it for now, now I'm off to make dinner and start my new career as a house wife!

1 comment:

Nuge and CJ said...

We are so excited for this new period in yalls lives!! God's awesome!