Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe it's hear already but we've got the lights up, the tree up and decorated, the presents wrapped and under the tree...I think we're ready. We're going to the Christmas Eve service at church and then back to our place to spend Christmas Eve with the family. I am looking forward to being together and celebrating the birth of our Saviour!

I do find this time of year to be a little bittersweet though too. Around the holidays I always think about our two little ones in heaven that we've never had the pleasure to meet and spend Christmas with. I so wish we could have them here, teaching them about Jesus and watching them open gifts. I know they are at peace, so safe and happy with their Heavenly Father and we will get to see them one day, and oh how I look forward to that. I also know that this time next year we might have our sweet little one home with us from Ethiopia and we'll be enjoying our first Christmas as a family of 3. I am so excited about that and just can't wait! I know our Lord has a plan and is in control working it all out for His glory. We'll never know why our first two babies couldn't be a part of our family here on earth but we are grateful for the short time they were a part of our lives and grateful that we will see them again.

There are several families in Ethiopia right now picking up their babies and several more who are leaving next week for their trip. It's been very exciting keeping up with their journeys and I'm learning a lot about what to expect when we go. All of their babies are so beautiful it's just so amazing. Some of the rules have changed / are changing for 2009 which is casuing some delay in passing court there...we haven't sent in our Dossier yet so we'll have some changes to make to be compliant with the new regulations. We'll do whatever is needed of course so it shouldn't be a problem. Our agency has purchased a bigger Transition House for the kids who have been referred to families so there is now room for more kids at a time...which means more referrals at a time...which hopefully means the waiting list will go faster. :-) There is also a school on site at the Transition House which is really cool. They've hired more nannies since there will be more children and a doctor who comes regularly to check on the kids. There are still more improvements to come!

I hope everyone has a very blessed Christmas and happy New Year!

No comments: